(& WLVF 90.3 FM from Haynes City)
"Ask An Attorney All About Florida Law"Hosted by Joe Pippen Featuring Eugene P. Castagliuolo
Mr. Castagliuolo will be answering your Florida Consumer Law questions
Castagliuolo Law, P. A. is a compassionate, aggressive law firm dedicated to protecting our consumer clients from bullying creditors and junk debt buyers. Debt collectors have grown increasingly intimidating over the years, and are notorious for overstepping their legal limits. Castagliuolo Law handles many different areas of Consumer Protection Law, including:
- Debt Collectors
- Junk Debt Buyer Lawsuits
- Credit Report Mistakes
- Credit Repair
- Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Automobile Fraud:
- Odometer Fraud
- Salvage Fraud
- Undisclosed Flood or Hurricane Damage
- Undisclosed Wreck Damage to Used Cars
- Undisclosed Damage to New Cars
- “Lemon Laundering”
- Failures to Disclose Pre-Existing Mechanical Problems
- Misrepresentations Concerning Low-Mileage Vehicles
- Misrepresentation of the Number of Prior Uses
- Stolen Vehicles & Defective Title
- Gray Market Vehicles
- Used Cars Sold with Missing Airbags
In addition to Consumer Protection Law, Castagliuolo Law also handles civil lawsuits, bankruptcy, criminal defense, and the sealing and expunging of criminal records.
At Castagliuolo Law, we strongly believe that you deserved to be treated with respect. You do not deserve to be harassed. There are federal and state laws in place to protect you from aggressive debt collectors. Our clients frequently come to us after they’ve been served with a lawsuit filed by a junk debt buyer (JDB).
We help people clean up their credit reports. We’ll even help you get your free credit reports because, believe it or not, there is a “right way” and a “wrong way” to order your reports. For example, ordering your report(s) online can sometimes cause you to unwittingly consent to an arbitration clause embedded in the fine print, and an arbitration agreement will usually prevent you from pursuing your remedies in court.
Although we strongly recommend consulting with us before you do so, you can find the FTC-authorized form needed to order your reports under the “Free Resources” tab on our website. Don’t forget to fill in all 3 bubbles so you will order all 3 reports (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion).
We counsel clients on the proper way to respond to and preserve mistakes on their credit report for potential future claims against creditors. If you find yourself worrying about one or more of the things on this list, then we have helped clients in the same situation in which you find yourself:
- “I am crippled by my debt. I am overwhelmed by my bills and I am not sure what my options are at this point.”
- “My creditors will not leave me alone. They call day and night. They call me at work. They told my boss about my debt. They even published something about me and my debt in the newspaper.”
- “I have never heard of the bill collector that keeps calling me or the debt that he/she is calling about.”
- “These bill collectors are demanding money from me for a debt that they claim I owe, but I am completely unaware of the debt.”
- “A debt collector is calling me about an old debt. Am I protected by a statute of limitations?”
- “A debt collector is calling me about my deceased relative's debt and acting like it is mine.”
- “These callers are making me feel like a criminal! What they are doing cannot be legal.”
- “I just tried to buy a car (or house or boat or large ticket item) and I was told that my credit was terrible. I have no idea what ruined my credit.”
- “I thought I had good credit, but I just applied for a credit card and was rejected. What could be wrong?”
- “I ordered my credit report and there are mistakes on it. What can I do?”
- “Creditors are trying to foreclose upon my house.”
- “Can the creditors really take away my car and repossess my belongings?”
At Castagliuolo Law, we often take cases that other attorneys refuse to take. In certain circumstances, our representation costs you little or no money up front. We are prepared to represent you in state court (Florida, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania) and in Federal Court. We encourage you to explore our website and call us for a FREE initial consultation. Contact Castagliuolo Law today at 727-712-3333 to begin discussing ways to help you get the relief that you need, or you can fill out our online contact form.